Fundraising with a Donation Form
Fundraising with a Donation Form is a very successful way of collecting donations which allows you to be creative as you wish.
Donation Form (Event Brochure)
Before you present your donation form, be prepared to make people aware of what their donation will do. Visit the "Services" taqb to learn more about AIDS Care!
Then reach out to as many people as possible. The methods for doing this are limitless and we have some great ideas to get you started.
Work the Neighborhood
There are countless opportunities to raise money within a few miles of your home. Think about it: the coffee shop, gym, workplace, laundromat, car wash, supermarket, newsstand, dry cleaners, video store, dentist's office, bar, deli, parking lot, bike shop, and the pizza place. You patronize these businesses all of the time -- ask them to help you out with your fundraising effort.
* Get Social Making contact with as many people as possible will be key to your fundraising. Chances are, your friends and family will be more than happy to be a part of your fundraising campaign, but you will probably need to go beyond your inner circle.
* Throw a party!! Ask everyone who attends to write a check when they enter the front door.
* Host an event - a film screening, dinner party, pub crawl, band night in a local bar, poetry reading and have everyone invited donate to the ride for admission. Have everyone sign a shirt and wear it the day of the event
* Create the event in Facebook and invite everyone to come.
* Ask your friends to ask their friends for donations.
Bring It to the Office
Your place of work is another good source for donations. How can your business help:
* Just ask for money. Your company might be happy to donate to your Keeping Pace With AIDS fundraising goal.
* Then, ask for more -- see if your company has a matching gift program.
* Set up a small display -- hang your Keeping Pace With AIDS T-shirt or a poster in a prominent place.
* Approach clients, vendors, or anyone else that your company does business with (make sure it's OK with the boss!).
* Host a lunchtime meeting and do a presentation about Keeping Pace With AIDS and your commitment to the cause.
Timing is Everything
Special circumstances can provide an ideal opportunity to grab a donation. For example:
* Use March & April to suggest a great way to use tax refunds.
* Birthday coming up? Ask for donations in lieu of presents.
* Throw a Super Bowl party, selling betting squares with 50% of the money going into the pot and 50% towards your fundraising goal. Who knows -- maybe the person who wins the pot will graciously choose to donate those winnings towards you goal as well!
* Do the same with Golden Globes and Oscar parties -- put together a sheet of all the nominees for all categories and get everyone to select who they think will win. You can do this as a party, or even as an office pool.